Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools
• Safely use various small hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, etc
• Need to have knowledge of use of pneumatic tools, including but not limited to air
and staple guns
• Have knowledge of building materials, location of inventory, and follow proper
storage and handling of products
• Keep things picked up in yard and building to maintain cleanliness, including
wrappers, banding, etc., and general housekeeping
• Effectively communicate with employees, managers, and customers
• Read and comprehend written and printed materials, as well as information
presented in numerical form
• Dresses and maintains personal appearance as required by your supervisor and
• On occasion retail and contractor customers may be in the yard and storage
areas. They must be acknowledged, greeted, helped and/or sent to proper
location for assistance.
• You must attend regular and special meetings of your department and company
• You may be asked to do job duties not listed above
Essential Physical Requirements:
• The employee is required to stand, walk, and bend repetitively.
• The employee is required to kneel, squat, twist, and climb repetitively.
• The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, swing and grasp
• The employee is required to carry, lift, and/or move heavy and awkward
materials. Most frequently handled items will weigh less than 50 lbs. There are
procedures in place for the safe handling of heavy items including use of multiple
persons and mechanical aids.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
• Enthusiastic, goal oriented, reliable
• Enjoys working with a team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Independent and self-motivated
• Problem solver, ability to look ahead and understand future steps necessary to
complete a task
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
• Regularly exposed to year-round outside weather conditions, including excessive
heat, humidity, rain, cold, dust, ice, and snow.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
• Must wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety
shoes, ear and eye protection, etc. where required